- Enjoy beach activities like swimming in the ocean waves, building sandcastles, tanning, and playing beach volleyball.
- Stay safe by following beach rules and checking weather reports and advisories before heading out.
- Make sure to bring a first-aid kit with items like band-aids, antiseptic wipes, pain relievers and electrolyte drinks.
- Keep an eye on each other so that no one gets lost or left behind.
When it comes to summer, nothing beats a day at the beach with your girl’s best friends. Whether you’re soaking up the sun or splashing in the waves, spending quality time with your gal pals is always a good idea. Here are some tips for making the most out of your beach day.
Before heading out, make sure to pack all the essentials for a fun and comfortable day at the beach. This should include sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, towels, and plenty of snacks and drinks. You might also want to pack beach chairs or an inflatable air mattress to relax in the sun.
- Sunscreen. Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is crucial when spending extended periods of time in the sun. Make sure to bring a high-SPF sunscreen and reapply every few hours.
- Swimsuits. No beach day is complete without the perfect swimsuit. Whether you prefer bright and bold prints or classic stripes, having a few options to choose from can add an extra layer of fun to your beach day. You can even match bikinis with the girls!
- Towels. Bringing extra towels is always a good idea, whether you need them for laying on or drying off after a swim.
Snacks and Drinks
Snacking and quenching your thirst on a beach day is easy and fun! There are so many options to choose from depending on what your group prefers. A few ideas include pre-made sandwiches, wraps or salads, chips, trail mix, and of course the classic s’mores. Beverage wise you could opt for something light such as lemonade, iced tea, or something more filling like smoothies or milkshakes.
If you’re looking for something a bit more indulgent, there’s always the option of packing ice cream bars and other frozen treats in an insulated cooler. For those who prefer to keep things on the healthier side, why not bring some freshly cut melon slices? Not only will they help you stay cool during hot summer days at the beach, but they’ll also provide you with lots of essential vitamins and minerals for an energy boost.
Activities to enjoy
Once you’ve arrived at the beach and set up camp, it’s time to start enjoying all that it has to offer. Here are some activities to try with your girl best friends:
- Swimming. Take advantage of the ocean waves by going for a swim. Whether you’re an experienced swimmer or just dipping your toes in, there’s nothing quite like feeling refreshed by a dip in the sea.
- Surfing. What’s a day out on the beach without surfing? It’s a thrilling experience, combining elements of balance and agility, as you gracefully ride the waves. Whether you’re an experienced surfer or trying it out for the first time, it’s sure to be an adventure.
- Building sandcastles. Get creative by building sandcastles together. You can even have friendly competitions to see who can build the biggest or most intricate castle.
- Tanning. If you just want to relax and soak up some sun, bring along some books or magazines and lounge on your towel while chatting with your friends.
- Beach volleyball. Set up a net and play some beach volleyball for an active way to enjoy your time together.
While having fun should be the top priority during your day at the beach, it’s also important to stay safe. Here are some tips to make sure you and the girls don’t run into any trouble.
- Follow beach rules. Be aware of any posted rules or regulations at the beach, such as no swimming after dark or no glass containers allowed.
- Wear sun protection. Wear hats, sunglasses, and cover-ups when not swimming in order to protect yourself from harmful rays. Seek out shaded areas when possible as extended periods of direct sunlight can be harmful even with sunscreen on.
- Check the weather reports and beach advisories. Strong currents or other hazardous conditions could pose a risk regardless of experience level. Unexpected waves can carry swimmers far out into the sea, so stay informed to avoid any unnecessary accidents or emergency situations.
- Bring a first-aid kit. Having band-aids, antiseptic wipes, pain relievers, and electrolyte drinks will help keep everyone safe and healthy during their day at the beach.
- Keep an eye on each other. Make sure everyone is accounted for throughout the day so that no one gets lost or left behind.
A beach day with the girls is always a great way to make memories and enjoy some much-needed time together. With proper preparation, planning, and safety in mind, you can ensure that your group has an enjoyable day at the beach. From swimming in the ocean waves to building sandcastles or tanning on towels—there are plenty of activities for you and your girl best friends to explore during summer days spent out by the sea. So why wait? Grab those swimsuits and head on over! You’ll be sure to have a fun-filled adventure that will be remembered for years to come.